Holiday Themed Recipes
Christmas Tree Roll-Ups
Prep Time20 MIN
Total Time 2 HR 20 MIN Servings 64
package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
cup chopped drained roasted red bell peppers (from 7.25-oz jar)
cup chopped ripe olives
cup chopped fresh basil leaves
cup shredded Parmesan cheese
spinach-flavor flour tortillas (8 to 10 inches in diameter)
Ripe olive pieces
• 1 In medium bowl, mix all ingredients except tortillas and olive pieces. Divide mixture among tortillas, spreading to edges of tortillas. Roll up tightly. Press each tortilla roll into triangle shape, using fingers. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
• 2 To serve, cut rolls into 1/2-inch slices. Place olive piece at bottom of each triangle to look like tree trunk; secure with toothpick.
• 1 c. sugar
• 1/2 c. salted butter, softened
• 1 large egg, at room temperature
• 1/2 c. milk, at room temperature
• 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
• 1 1/2 c. flour
• 1/4 c. cocoa
• 1 c. unsalted butter
• 4 c. powdered sugar
• 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
• 2–3 tbsp. water
• Pinch kosher salt
• Red gel icing color
• 12 mini candy canes, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 375º and line a cookie sheet with parchment. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat sugar and butter just until smooth.
2. Add egg and milk and mix until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients, then add to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
4. Drop level tablespoons of cookie dough prepared cooking sheet.
5. Bake until edges are set and centers look mostly done, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 to 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
6. Make frosting: Beat butter until smooth.
7. Add half the powdered sugar and mix until smooth, then add vanilla and peppermint extracts, 2 tablespoons water, and a pinch of salt and mix until smooth.
8. Add remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth. (If frosting feels too thick, add 1 more tablespoon water.) Add red gel color to color frosting to your desired shade of red.
9. Assemble cookie sandwiches: Spread or pipe frosting onto one cookie, then add second cookie.
10. Place crushed candy canes on a plate and roll cookie sandwiches so candy canes stick to frosting. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Candy Cane Dessert Squares
TOTAL TIME: 4:15
YIELD: 24 SERVINGS
• 36 chocolate wafer cookies
• 1 stick butter
• 2 tbsp. sugar
• 1 c. chocolate chips
• 1 c. confectioners’ sugar
• two package cream cheese
• 2 tsp. peppermint extract
• 1½ c. whipping cream, whipped, yields about 3 cups
• ⅔ can candy canes or peppermint candies
1. Combine crust ingredients in a small bowl. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9″ x 13″ baking pan.
2. For ganache, melt chocolate chips and 2?3 cup cream in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Pour over crust. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
3. For filling, combine confectioners’ sugar, cream cheese and peppermint extract in a large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at low speed until smooth and creamy. Gently stir in whipped cream and crushed candies. Spread evenly over ganache in crust and sprinkle with more candy, if desired. Cover and freeze at least 4 hours.
4. Cut into squares to serve. Serve frozen or refrigerated (store in the freezer).
Written by Mr.Ballroom
Join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/GetRealLOLHellsKitchen/
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/Get_RealLOL
Cover Photo Cooking God’s Way
Photos Delish and Betty Crocker