Dugger Family Appetizer Recipes
Deviled Egg Boats
12 hard-boiled eggs
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons vinegar (white or cider)
1/4 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 red, orange, yellow, or green bell peppers
1. Peel the eggs, then slice each one in half to make boats. Place the yolks in a medium-sized bowl and mash them with a fork. Add the mustard and the vinegar, then add the mayonnaise, stirring until the consistency is smooth but not soupy.
2. Next, make the sails. To do this, cut each pepper into 1-inch-wide strips, then cut the strips into 1-inch squares, and slice each square in half diagonally.
3. Fill the egg-white halves with the yolk mixture. Stick the sail upright into the filling and sprinkle with paprika. Makes two dozen.
Recipe courtesy of Spoonful.
Jason’s Quick Pickles
4 cups white vinegar
2 cups water
8 teaspoons salt
8 teaspoons pickling spice (optional)
4 large cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1. Combine white vinegar, water, salt, and pickling spice in a small saucepan. Heat to a boil.
2. Place cucumbers in a clean, dry glass container just large enough to hold all the slices.
3. Pour boiling brine (mixture created in step 1) over cucumber slices to cover completely. If all cucumbers are not submerged, add cold water to cover.
4. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Makes: 2 quarts
Rainbow Meatball Kabobs
Prep Time: Max 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
• Skewers or toothpicks
• Frozen Chicken & Apple Meatball Bites or frozen Beef & Cheese Meatball Bites
• Cheddar, cut into bite-size cubes
• Pineapple, cut into bite-size cubes
• 1 C low sodium chicken broth
• Optional: cherry tomatoes, green or red pepper
Optional dipping sauces:
• Honey mustard
• Prep dipping sauces and serving platter.
• Cut cheddar and veggies into bite-size cubes
• 10 minutes before you are ready to serve, heat meatballs for 60 sec. in the microwave.
• Place pieces on a toothpick or skewer to make your own kebabs
Written by Mr Ballroom
Join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/GetRealLOLTLC/
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/GRLOLTLC
Recipe source http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/