It took four years for Bethenny Frankel to end her 3-year marriage to Jason Hoppy and just when she thought it was over, there are reports of stalking and harassment. Mr. Hoppy was charged with one count of harassment in the second degree, one count of aggravated harassment in the second degree, and one count of stalking in the fourth degree. There was also a restraining order issued by the judge. Mr. Hoppy denied the charges and his lawyer issued a statement “There are no words to express how saddened Mr. Hoppy is over his ex-wife’s unjustified actions. His only concern is his daughter and intends to vigorously fight these false charges.”
Bethenny alleges that
· on Aug. 31, 2016, she received a text message from Jason stating, “Despite your games, I’ll never let you do to me what your mother did to your father. I’ll never go away.”
· Bethenny also alleges that on Oct. 10, 2016, she received an email from Jason stating, “You left me no choice but to go to extremes and include your staff and current boyfriend…to try and get through to you.”
· The next day, on Oct. 11, Frankel alleges that Jason sent her another email stating, “Your definition of harassment is comical. I will continue to communicate with you as I see fit.”
· Bethenny also alleges that on Oct. 14, 2016, she received two emails in which Hoppy stated in each email, “I will continue to communicate with you as I see fit,” as well as a text message saying the same.
· After she sent him an email on Nov. 8, 2016 requesting that he stop communicating with her, she alleges that Jason sent her repeated emails requesting to meet her in person and provide copies of her life insurance policy.
· On Nov. 22, 2016, Bethenny’s attorney sent Jason a letter requesting that he cease and desist all communication with her. From that day through Jan. 27, 2017 — the day of Jason’s arrest — Bethenny alleges that she received approximately 160 emails from him.
· On Jan. 17, 2017, Bethenny alleges that Jason approached her and her boyfriend and repeatedly said, “Okay I see. This is how you want to do this. Okay. You can play your game. It doesn’t matter. You can get 10 lawyers. There’s nothing you can do to stop me. You’ll be sorry. You’ve been warned. I can’t help it. She’s pure evil. You’ve been warned. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”
Bethenny also says that the constant harassment has “caused mental and emotional harm and caused me to fear for my safety.” It seems that there may be a long way to go on ending this turmoil. Sadly, daughter Bryn 6, is stuck in the middle.
Written by Cheryl S
Join us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/GetRealLOLBravo/
Follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/GRLOLBravo